Best Ever Playdough activities
Here are some great things to try:
- Make playdough alphabet letters or numbers – children fill the alphabet stencils / number stencils with playdough…
- Use the playdough to make 2d and 3d shapes…
- Make up lots of small playdough balls – how many playdough balls fill up different small containers…(eg..cups, bowls etc)
- Make lots of playdough sausages – braid 2 or 3 sausages together.
- Provide lots of different textured materials for children to press into the playdough and uncover the patterns (eg. sandpaper, corderouy, rope, lace,
- Find different shaped lids and ‘around the house’ objects for children to press into the playdough and uncover different shapes..
- Make faces from playdough and make them express different feelings..
- Different playdough colour each week – gather playdough utensils in that colour also.
- Children stand coloured popsticks into the playdough to form patterning by colour – also great for early addition games and activities – stand 5 red popsticks together – stand 3 yellow popsticks together – how many altogether…
And if you missed it…..click here for a REALLY easy playdough recipe.