5 things I find hard about quitting my sugar addiction
Mostly we are going ok with giving up sugar, but as we enter Week #3 there are some things i just miss!
- Using dried fruit in cooking – I had got used to adding to the kids’ school snacks for added fibre
- Giving up Chai Lattes – In an effort to avoid caffeine I tend to drink Chai when I am out and about, and quite like the sachet ones you get from shops…but these are now off the menu 😦 And the worst part is I ordered one the other day at Yahava Koffee in the Swan Valley the other day and it tasted horrible because it was too sweet!
- Sugar on porridge – guess I am just waiting for taste buds to adjust there.
- Bought ice cream – we have made some great homemade ice cream (and the chocolate one I adapted from the Thermomix Every Day Cookbook was to die for) but it’s not quite the same as buying from ice cream shop.
- Juice – I don’t even drink juice often, but find myself craving it as I go past that section in supermarket.
What do you miss & how have you changed your habits…please add your comments below.